PDA

View Full Version : 4e feature problems

technoshaman
March 26th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I just reinstalled Hero Lab on my computer and I am trying out 4e character generator. For reason I am unable to choose races and classes. What am I missing?

rob
March 27th, 2010, 12:04 PM
You're probably missing the actual 4E data and are running with only the mechanics. The 4E data files only provide the game system mechanics, but there is also a separate tool that will download all the material from the DDI compendium and convert it for use within Hero Lab. You'll need to run the downloader tool. If you already did that on another computer, you can copy that material across, but only the downloader tool is included with the 4E data files that you just reinstalled.

Ghaleon
April 20th, 2010, 05:23 PM
You're probably missing the actual 4E data and are running with only the mechanics. The 4E data files only provide the game system mechanics, but there is also a separate tool that will download all the material from the DDI compendium and convert it for use within Hero Lab. You'll need to run the downloader tool. If you already did that on another computer, you can copy that material across, but only the downloader tool is included with the 4E data files that you just reinstalled.

so where is the downloader tool at?

rob
April 21st, 2010, 09:55 PM
I believe this was answered in another thread where you asked the same general question. However, just to be clear here...

The ddidownloader tool is included with the 4E data files. Full details with be found in the documentation for the 4E data files. You can access the docs from many places. One option is to go to the Help menu and select the "4th Edition Manual" option. You can also access the docs by clicking on the "View Manual" on the "Configure Hero" form that appears when you create a new 4E character. And you can access the 4E docs at the top of the main product User Manual, which is available under the Help menu and from the Windows Start menu (where you launch the product itself).

Within the 4E documentation, the first topic addressed is downloading the data. You'll find all the details on where to find the tool and how to utilize it. So please start there and post questions if you run into any difficulties.

Hope this helps....